The Sweble Wikitext Parser is a parser for the wiki markup (called Wikitext) used by the MediaWiki wiki engine. Of course, the MediaWiki software provides its own parser for wikitext, however, the MediaWiki parser only produces HTML output. The Sweble Wikitext Parser on the other hand generates a machine-readable representation (AST – abstract syntax tree) of an article, thus unlocking the structured data within a wiki running the MediaWiki software.
The parser is developed by the Open Source Research Group at the University Erlangen-Nürnberg. It was open-sourced on the 1st of May 2011. It is licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (also see POM files and source code headers).
Where to go from here:
- Have a look at the features of the Sweble Parser.
- Follow this guide to compile and run a little demostration project.
- Browse the documentation.
- Browse the Sweble code repositories.
- Have a look at our publications surrounding the Sweble Wikitext Parser.
- If you would like to contribute take a look at our contribute page.
- Sign up on one of our parser related mailing lists.
I have another question!?
- Please sign up to the appropriate mailing list and post your question there.